HC-One The kind care company
St Patrick’s College is working in partnership with HC- One care company.
If you are interested in volunteering or placement at HC-One care company please check their webpage for updates about applications or speak to a member of staff at St Patrick's College
On the 1 November 2011, HC-One, the Kind Care Company was officially formed. At HC-One it is our aim to be the first choice care home in every community for individuals looking for the very best care and support, and for employees looking to develop a long term career delivering the highest quality care to individuals.
Now with over 230 care homes throughout the United Kingdom, we are one of the largest care operators, creating a positive care service encompassing dementia, nursing, residential and specialist care. Our national scale means we have the resources and expertise required to provide the very highest standards of care, guided by our founding ethos that each one of our homes, staff members and residents are treated as individuals.
We’re proud to provide kind, personalised care and support to the more than ten thousand people who live in our homes, and to work with, train and develop more than fourteen thousand caring colleagues who deliver round-the-clock care and support.
To safeguard those living within our care homes, we have a robust governance framework including:
- Independent service quality inspectors
- Quality Governance Group
- Clear quality assurance framework including a full suite of operational policies and procedures
- Unannounced and announced inspections from internal and external regulatory teams
- Senior operations team unannounced day and night visits to care homes
- Managers dedicated to kindness and quality assurance
- Live feedback tablets, where visitors can leave their comments at any time
- Dedicated confidential whistle blowing helpline for complaints, compliments or concerns
- Direct email address for our CEO, Justin Hutchens
- Annual Resident and relative feedback surveys
Our Vision & Principles
Our vision is to create the kindest care homes in the United Kingdom. Our principles will help us to deliver this; Accountability, Involvement, Partnership:
- Accountability Every single person who works at HC-One is responsible, both individually and as a team, to ensure we create a home environment that our Residents enjoy living in.
- Involvement We will ask and listen to our Residents and their families at every stage to make sure their individual needs are being met. We will draw on the expertise of our staff to improve the experience for all.
- Partnership Only by working together successfully and respectfully can we truly deliver the kindest care experience for everyone.
Working For Us
We are so proud of our outstanding team at HC-One. They are a cheerful, warm-hearted and passionate bunch, fully committed to understanding Residents and their individual needs.
A happy workplace makes all the difference, and feeling encouraged to pursue a long, rewarding future with HC-One allows our best colleagues to flourish, and ensures continuity of care for Residents. We’re passionate about investing in colleagues throughout their career and providing ongoing opportunities and pathways for them to grow with us.
As The Kind Care Company, we aim to deliver high quality care that makes a positive difference to the lives of the men and women living with us. We pride ourselves on having the best learning and development opportunities in care and have been recognised as a Skills for Care ‘Centre of Excellence’; one of very few providers in the country to be given this coveted accolade. Supporting our colleagues to be the best they can be guarantees Residents the level of care that they deserve, and that sets our homes and our people, apart.
Our learning and development is bespoke and values led, with kindness at its heart. Training is fun and more importantly, no matter whether an in-house programme or qualification, it’s free, accessible anywhere with an internet connection, and available to absolutely everyone.
We also offer apprenticeships in a range of roles and we have a clear pathway of learning from apprentice carer to Nursing Assistant to Home Manager. Our own HC-One Academy offers the Institute of Leadership and Management and Royal College of Nursing accredited programmes, including partnership programmes with City University London.
In caring about, and investing, in the development of every member of our team, we are very pleased to have an opportunity to show our appreciation for their amazing work and commitment, by fulfilling their dreams to be confident, competent and kind individuals