Careers and Employability Service
GUS Careers and Employability Department in collaboration with St Patricks College is dedicated to educating, advising, and connecting students to education and employment opportunities in order to foster their intellectual, social and professional transformation.
Throughout the student’s academic journey, they will undergo a process of professional development and life-long learning, to ensure classroom-based learning is blended with practical experiences. Making each student work ready.
The core values of the Career and Employability team are to help students to:
- Develop and promote their employability skills for success.
- Make well-informed career choices through structured one to one careers information, advice and guidance.
- Secure meaningful work placements and paid employment.
- Create opportunities to meet and network with employers on campus.
Our careers service offers:
- Professional 1 to 1 careers coaching to help map and design future career destinations
- Bespoke career development workshops – focussing on personal and professional skill-sets
- Digital Careers advice platform. Access anywhere in the world
- Great Minds programme – opportunity to meet industry leaders
- Alumni Association – providing ongoing support from the careers team, staff and fellow students
- Careers fairs- opportunity to meet national employers.
- Apprenticeship Degrees
- Guaranteed work placements
- Paid employment opportunities in the UK and abroad
- Work-based learning
- Work experience
- Higher education advice and guidance
- Introduction to Business Enterprise
Career Fair Statistics
|Total Number of Career Fairs Delivered
|Total Number Attended
|Total Number Seen Face to Face
|Total Number Offered Potential Placements/ Interviews
9/10/2018 to present
STP Student Satisfaction Survey (Career Workshops Till June 2019)
|Average Student Satisfaction (%)
|Overall Evaluation of the Career Workshops
|Timing of the Workshop
|Relevancy of the Workshop to Career Needs
|Effectiveness of the Promotion of the Career Workshops
STP Student Satisfaction Survey Till June 2019 (Careers Service)
|Student Satisfaction (%)
|Overall Evaluation of the Career Service
|Help Received from the Careers Team
|Relevancy of the advice to Career Needs
|Effectiveness of the Promotion of the Career Service
For more information or to book a 1 to 1 appointment please contact either:
George Brown - Careers Service Manager
Dharmendra Joshi – Careers and Student Services Officer
Monique Rhomes - Careers and Student Service Officer
Michael Harris - Careers and Student Service Officer